The Open Water Diver is the most recognized diver certification in the industry and will allow you to dive anywhere in the world, independent of professional supervision, to a maximum depth of 18 metres/60 feet.
If you’ve always wondered what lies beneath the surface, now’s the time to find out. Start the journey of a lifetime with the PADI Open Water Diver course. It will change you forever.
During the course, your PADI Instructor takes you through the basics of learning how to scuba dive. You start in a pool and progress to the open water (ocean) getting the background knowledge along the way through classroom sessions, watching PADI DVDs and learning by reading the PADI Open Water Manual.
This course is conducted in 2-3 days and requires no previous diving experience. We operate with small groups and 2 of those days will be half-days where you can still surf or do other acitivities that CRDS offers!
General course information:
- Duration: 2-3 days (or take the PADI eLearning option to save more of your vacation time for fun!)
- Number of Dives: 5 Confined Water Dives and 4 Open Water Dives
- Knowledge Development: 5 sessions
- Prerequisites: 10 years old. Good health, reasonable fitness and basic swimming abilities
- Learning materials included: PADI Open Water Manual RDP and logbook
- Equipment rental provided: mask, fins, snorkel, tank, regulator, buoyancy compensator, submersible pressure gauge and 3mm wetsuit.
Junior Open Water Diver Information:
- Minimum age 10 years old
- Maximum depth for 10 – 14 year olds is 40 feet
- All elements of the Open Water course must be completed to certify
- 10 & 11 year olds and parent or guardian must watch “Youth Diving: Responsibilities & Risks” before starting training
- Kids under 18 must have PADI release forms signed by a parent or guardian before starting training